A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P R S T U V W Show All
- International Code Council. A national organization that publishes model codes for adoption by states and other agencies. Codes include the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC).
- International Energy Conservation Code published by the ICC. The successor to the Model Energy Code, which is cited in the 1992 U.S. Energy Policy Act (EPAct) as the baseline for residential Energy Codes in the United States.
- See air leakage.
- Infrared radiation
- Invisible, electromagnetic radiation beyond red light on the spectrum, with wavelengths greater than 0.7 microns.
- Insulated shutters
- Insulating panels that cover a window opening to reduce heat loss.
- Insulating glass
- Two or more pieces of glass spaced apart and hermetically sealed to form a single glazed unit with one or more air spaces in between. Also called double glazing.
- Insulating value
- See U-factor.
- Construction materials used for protection from noise, heat, cold or fire.
- An upright frame member of a panel in a sliding glass door which engages with a corresponding member in an adjacent panel when the door is closed. Also called interlocking stile.